Youth fellowship is established in every assembly and consist of young people working in the assembly under the supervision of the Pastor and the assembly board for the development of spiritual gifts and talents of young people in and for the service of the Lord. The membership consist of young people both men and women of the local assembly beyond teenagers department – up to marriage level where individuals involved joins either Brothers or Sisters Union.
Youth leaders can be married or unmarried while Youth Pastor should be married, having been a successful youth and married in Church. Youth Pastor or patron serves God, in the youth, with his/her husband (or wife), and is a person who honors his/her marital partner, domestically and publicly. He/she is gifted (active) in youth ministry, cooperates and submits to the senior Pastor, teaching the youth constitution to all youth leaders –systematically and clearly – and contending for our faith and practices, in Christ.
We endeavor to establish youth who have identity of biblical faith and practices “that henceforth, be no more children, tossed to and from and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men and cunning craftiness whereby they lie in wait to deceive”. (Ephesians 4: 14)
Our Church provide opportunity and establish strategies to achieve:
- Evangelism: Every Youth to reach out and win another Youth to CHRIST to the CHURCH, to YOUTH MINISTRY on weekly basis.
- Discipleship: Youth living out who they are in CHRIST, as true disciples.
- Mentorship: Youth Journeying with older gifted people through life and seasons.
- Stewardship: Youth practicing their purpose in rightly handling resources.
- Leadership: Youth influence their generation for God.
- Relationship: Youth exhibiting a Christ like lifestyle in life relationships.
- Training (Ephesians 4: 12 – 13)
- Teaching (Matthew 28:19)
- Worship (John 4: 23 – 24)
- Witnessing (Acts 1: 8)
- Fellowship (Hebrews 10: 25, John 17:17-26, 1st Corinthians 12:12-27, Acts 2:42-47)
The Youth Ministry is divided into two:
- Chosen Vessels: 21-24 Years – This is an active group of the Youth Department composed of college and university students until they are employed and join senior youth group. The are in the age of tertiary education, age of talent enhancement, age of career articulation, age of forming habits that shapes destiny. They require training on capacity of heart and mind (tertiary training, career, good job, handling money, creative thinking, controlled social life, discipline of gifts and talents) – so that they reach and enter marriage life as stable and responsible people, as true “helpmates”.
- Senior Youth: 25-40 Years
Activities for Youth Ministry:
- Regional and National Youth Conferences
- Rallies and come together feasts
- Youth retreats, hiking, night vigils, holiday camps
- Youth Evangelism meeting: Crusades, missions, etc
- Music concerts
- Special Sunday for the Youth to minister
- Visiting institutions like hospitals, prisons, old age homes, visit orphans home, donate clothes and food, educate a bright poor child etc
- Special services for prayer and Bible study.
- Competition: Choirs, Solos, Bible skits and plays, Games: volleyball, football, table tennis, badminton (or any other common games), Bible quizzes, Bible Drills, Bible Games (Memory verses etc.)
- 1st year: Parish level competition
- 2nd year: Regional level competition
- 3rd year: National level competition