We believe that an important place is reserved for our sons and daughters in God’s salvation. Therefore, they must be trained according to the demands of God’s ways – Proverbs 22:6. “Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old, he will not depart from it”.
Training “is to prepare, mould, make” – through instruction, practice, exercise etc.
It is imperative therefore:
- To lead each pupil to the experience of rebirth; true repentance, sanctification and prayer life – SALVATION.
- To lead each pupil to the knowledge of Faith and Obedience to the WORD of God – BIBLICAL STUDIES.
- To encourage each pupil to be baptized by and walk in the Holy Spirit – SPIRITUALLY FILLED LIFE.
- To lead the pupil to a continuous dedication of his/her life to the will of God, to submit to God’s will, and not personal will or opinions – PERSONAL COMMITMENT.
- To assist each pupil to find his/her place of Christian service and personal testimony in the body of Christ – CHRISTIAN SERVICE.
- To encourage each pupil to apply the acquired Christian principles in every facet of his/her life – PRACTICAL RELIGION.
- To train our children to discern and judge evils of the current world, and say “NO” to all ungodliness. To be convinced about our faith and practices; not to compromise it in all stages of life and experience.
- Produce members of Apostolic Faith Church: who truly worship, behave, and live like us: Prayers, total cleansing, respect, obedience, convinced about God’s WORD and living a life of success. Deuteronomy 28:1-14, Joshua 1:1-8, Daniel 1:8-15, Daniel 3:17-18, Romans 8:14-39, 1 Corinthians 9:25-27. To set the hearts and minds in a powerful way, in early stages of formation. Connect
them with proper destiny, which is very clear to their minds.
- BECOMING COMPLETE AND SATISFIED WITH CHRIST: Colossians 2:10 (Six Important Areas)
Evangelism: Winning other children and teens, to Christ, on daily basis.
Discipleship: Living out who they are in Christ for a daily CHRIST LIFE.Leading all new converts into such lifestyles (level of discipleship).
Mentorship: Journeying with older, gifted people, of integrity, through life and seasons.
Stewardship:Practicing their purpose in rightly handling resources (time,money etc)
Leadership: Influencing their generation for God.
Relationships: Exhibiting a Christ like lifestyle in life relationship.
- To train teenagers on how to live and understand their parents. Majority requires proper interpretation of who the parent is – according to the WORD, and divine governmental order. (1Corinthians 11:1-3, Ephesians 5:22-23, 6:1-4)
- To create activities and association (identity) of teenagers in the church: choirs, drama groups, holiday camps, music competitions, sports etc.
- To build adolescent personality, self knowledge, values etc
- To building spiritual character: Baptism in the Holy Spirit, and ministry, active spiritual disciplines (WORD, intensive prayer, gifts etc)
- To set real goals: Starting a specific move to affect every teenager – Identify strengths, weaknesses, special talents, gifting – and creating motivation.
- To plan Ministry: Rallies, crusades, music concerts, special Sunday for teenagers, worship team, classic music training, orchestra, choir, purchase musical instruments for practice and use in their ministry.
Our Children Ministry is divided into two:
- Sunday School Department: 3-12 Years (with 4 main Classes)
- Baby class (3-4 years)
- Beginners class (4-6 years)
- Junior Sunday School (7-9 years)
- Senior Sunday school(10-12 years)
- Teens & Pre-Youth Department: 13-20 Years (with 2 main classes)
- Teenagers Bible class (13-15 years) – We call this class ‘Teenagers “Bible class”’ because it is at this stage, whereby the person should be taught to revere God and the scriptures, submit to authority of scriptures and deeply study the Bible.
- Pre-Youth class (16-21 years) – From this class they join church Membership and Youth Department.
Activities for Children Ministry:
- National camps
- Music concerts
- Special Sunday for teenagers
- Competition: choirs, skits, games etc
- 1st year: Parish level competition
- 2nd year: Regional level competition
- 3rd year: National level competition
- Classic music training, orchestra, worship teams, choir etc